This Saturday the girls and I finished our second boat. The tentative name is
“Lizer Pizer,” but Eliza doesn’t get to officially name her boat until I have built one for Abigail as well (I am going to vote for Fabbylosa for that one).
My records show that I started this boat on September 6, 2014, and I did a much better job of documenting the build with pictures than I did with my pdracer. I have already started another article with the details. Today I just want to talk about the fun that we had on Saturday painting the boat and finishing it.
Before we actually started painting the girls all wanted to get a picture sitting in the boat.
We started painting outside, but it quickly turned cold and windy.
When I told the girls that all of the boats were going to be white (I didn’t want to have to purchase small quantities of various different paint colors), they were disappointed. Eliza asked if she could apply some glitter to the first boat. My initial reaction was “no.” I am probably going to use this boat sometimes, and it is likely that my scouts will as well. I didn’t want a glittery boat for the same reason that I didn’t want a pink boat with unicorns on it.
However, she persisted, and it occurred to me that perhaps glitter would be useful as a sort of low cost non-skid surface. So we applied some glitter to the cockpit. I didn’t include the glitter in the price list because we always have glitter at our house. Pictures just do not do this justice. The glitter is very sparkly.
I am ridiculously pleased about this boat. I think that it turned out extremely well, especially considering the materials that I used. I am expecting to have a lot of fun with this boat this summer.
If you liked this post you might want to read about the details of the build process.